The Tragic Demise of Riley in ‘The Last of Us’
- “The Last of Us” is a popular post-apocalyptic video game released in 2013 by Naughty Dog. The game follows the story of Joel and Ellie as they try to survive in a world overrun by a deadly virus.
- The game features several key characters, including Riley, who is a close friend of Ellie’s.
- Riley is introduced in the game’s downloadable content (DLC), titled “Left Behind,” which serves as a prequel to the main game.
- In “Left Behind,” players get to see the events that led up to Ellie and Riley’s friendship, including how they both ended up in a military boarding school.
- However, the DLC also shows the tragic demise of Riley, who ultimately succumbs to the virus that is ravaging the world.
- Riley’s death is a heartbreaking moment in the game, as she is a fan-favorite character who has a close bond with Ellie.
- The DLC is praised for its emotional storytelling and its exploration of the relationship between Ellie and Riley.
- “The Last of Us” is considered one of the best video games of all time and has won numerous awards for its storytelling, gameplay, and graphics.